On behalf of Vertical Reality's entire staff, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in our products. Vertical Reality strives to provide the finest in extreme, interactive entertainment and sports products; while at the same time unsurpassed quality of service.
We are very excited about the possibility of your acquisition of one of our company's climbing walls. As you probably are aware by now, VERTICAL REALITY's Auto Belay rock climbing walls have become one of the fastest growing recreational/sporting and team building activities around the world for people of all ages. Rock Climbing instills team building and confidence in people, while at the same time providing a great way to exercise.
Vertical Reality provides a variety of options when it comes to selecting the perfect climbing wall for your facility or business venture. With our extensive range of climbing systems, we are confident that we can design a rock wall according to your vision and within your budget. Safety and quality are our highest priorities. Vertical Reality's placement of a mobile or stationary rock climbing wall involves delivery, setup and an on site professional, certified training session of your staff.
- Stationary and Panel Systems
- Mobile Climbing Walls
- Combos: Climbing Wall WITH Bungy Trampoline System
Stationary & Panel System Climbing Walls
Stationary walls are designed for permanent locations and are ideal for amusement, theme and water parks. Panel System structures generally allow for more flexibility in design and custom work. These are best for applications that have very little space to work with. They are expandable in 4 ft sections & typically mount to a wall and protrude out 2 feet.
Mobile Climbing Walls
These portable walls are designed for maximum mobility and are equipped with a dual axle trailer, allowing for ease of transport. This can be especially helpful for venues that want to use the wall in multiple locations and/or for outside events such as fairs, carnivals, fundraisers, promotional events, corporate training purposes, and much more! The hydraulic trailer system allows for ease of operation in raising and lowering the wall, creating a hassle-free experience for the operator.
Also new to the 2005 line up are our Boulders. These are great additions to playground spaces, schools, malls, parks and small entertainment centers. These structures do not require handholds, ropes, nor belayers, and stand only 3 meters high (9 feet).
THE COMBO CLIMBING WALL & BUNGY TRAMPOLINE SYSTEM
The best of both worlds. With this unique product, you have the ability to have 7 patrons at the same time (4 on the climbing wall and 3 on the bungee trampoline system). This is the perfect marriage of two exceptional products. Your revenues will increase because of Combo tix sales (both activities as a combo ticket at a discount)
What is an "Auto-Belay?
In order to understand the term auto-belay, we must first define the term â??belayâ?ť respective to traditional rock climbing. The act of belaying can be defined as a procedure of securing a climber by the use of a rope. In recreational sport climbing there are generally two people involved in a climb and the belayer. The belayer's role is to use two hands on a braking device, which controls the descent of the climber. One of the functions of the belayer is to ensure the rope slack is taken up as the climber ascends and ensure that the rope does not get tangled up which would result in the climber dangling. Once the climber asks to come down, it is the function of the belayer to allow the rope to pass through the braking device such that the climber descends at a rate that is not too fast or too slow. The biggest fear in manually lowering someone as a belayer, is that a belayer could drop the climber out of control.
Vertical Reality uses the term "auto-belay" to describe its automated belaying process that uses a pressurized air/oil hydraulic system that automatically controls the rate of descent if a climber falls or when he chooses to come down off the wall. Similarly, the system takes up the slack as the person climbs up, in which the positive air pressure in the hydraulic system causes the cable to retract. The air pressure forces the hydraulic fluid into the pistons and the whole sequence is reversed for a controlled decent. This system eliminates the need to rely upon a human belayer for every climber rather; allowing a single person to supervise up to three climbers who are able to climb simultaneously, hence the huge labor savings.
Is the auto belay safer than a human belayer? Vertical Reality answers this question with a resounding YES. We manufacture our climbing wall products with two hydraulic cylinders for every climbing route. Two cylinders mean that redundancy is in place and ensures that if one hydraulic cylinder fails, the second cylinder will take up the slack and function in a safe manner. In comparison to recreational climbing, using manual belayer's, One belayer would be required to belay each climber. The payroll savings alone make this investment worth while. In fairness, rock climbing has inherent risks. A participant climbing on the wall can be injured. Even though the system is automated, we require that a responsible person be assigned to ensure that the mechanical function of the wall is operating properly. As an owner of the wall, it is your responsibility to make sure constant care and supervision is taken regarding the operation of this product.
ADVANTAGES TO OUR ROCK WALL
Light weight design (3,900lbs). Saves gas and reduces operating costs. Realistic looking panel designs 250 Lbs. pull strength per handhold.
- Fits inside containers and thru standard 8ft wide double doors (88 Inches)
- Trailer meets all DOT Specification and can be modified for Europe
- Super safe hydraulic auto belay system. Zero incidences.
- Great customer after sales service and parts department
- Very few moving parts, easily accessible for visual inspection ie. transparent hydraulic tank, all cables and pulleys in full view, but protected, Oversized pulleys with steel guard (no possibility for derailing of our rust resistant, 7,000 lb. test, galvanized cable)
- Stainless steel screws and backings, Low overall weight, saving thousands of dollars on transportation costs/yr, Superior Quality of Piston, custom built by Parker Hanifen for VR.
All Climbing Wall Systems Include
- Electric Static Paint & Coat (trailers and mounting hardware)
- Electric Brakes (hydraulic surge brakes available for overseas markets)
- 5 holds/4 foot vertical/route. Resin composite w/ texture for positive gripping
- Hydraulic lift system (12V, no electricity required)
- 1 year limited warranty
- Full size spare tire
- 1 carabineer per climbing route with swivel
- 4 harnesses (one size fits all, only seconds to strap in for high turnover)
- 2 auto belay system per climbing route station (built in redundancy)
Our rock surfaces are made of a fire retardant, vinyl ester, glass with reinforced fiberglass. Different colors and molds to choose from. The climbing wall is anchored to a steel frame and engineered to withstand windstorm forces. They provide the highest standard of safety and support as set forth by the C.W.I.G. (Climbing Wall Industry Group) & ASTM regs. Suitable for indoor use in facilities such as indoor amusement parks or family recreations centers. Each version comes complete with everything needed to get started...(manuals, harnesses etc) and are very fun, safe and profitable. Each hand hold is anchored to the wall with a stainless steel bolt. Handhold orientation may be changed to effect different degrees of difficulty.
CRIMPS: Dual crimping used for added safety yields the same as cable, 7000 lbs.
PULLEYS: 4000 Lbs. Load
HYDRAULIC CYLINDER: 400 Psi. Standard operating pressure, 100 lbs Max. Rod assembly is Rockwell hardened; Agricultural Welded cylinders vs. Industrial (300 psi)
HOSES & FITTINGS: 2500 Psi: Standard operating air pressure 100 lbs Max
MOBILE CLIMBING WALL FEATURES
- 24 ft 28 or 32 ft. high with over 340 sq feet of climbing space
- Easy set up with self contained electro hydraulic lift mechanism
- 80 Handholds (20 per route)
- Reduced Footprint Trailer (16 ft X 8 ft) total area once set up, with foldable hitch AND DETACHABLE TRAILER.
- 4 Hydraulic Auto Belay Stations, with redundancy for extra safety
- Horn for each route
- Dual Axle Trailer (with Spare) for easy towing, comes with electric brakes
- Top and side mounted Banner Brackets (great advertising tool)
INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING ACCESSORIES
- 4 Adjustable Harnesses
- Handy Tool Box
- Handhold T-Tool (to make adjustment to the climbing routes)
- Rules Sign
- Training Manual
ADVANTAGES TO OUR ROCK WALL SYSTEM
- Light weight design (3,700 lbs) thereby saves gas and reduces operating costs
- Great looking realistic looking ONE PIECE panel design that appeals to even the avid rock climbers.
- 3 different panel designs to choose from, with multiple colors available
- Made to fit in containers and thru standard 8ft wide double doors (88 Inches wide)
- Trailer meets all DOT specifications and can be modified for Europe
- Superior and safe hydraulic auto belay system.
- Great customer after sales service and parts department
- 12 month no hassle warrantee
EASY 10 MINUTE HYDRAULIC SET UP
Vertical Reality is confident that one of the following programs will fit your needs:
See our "Rentals" page for more information on this option!
NON auto belay walls available from $17,900.00
Please call for pricing and availability on all models.
DEMO & USED WALLS AVAILABLE AT A DISCOUNT
Shipping and handling must be added to all of the programs and is based on a per mile calculation from our closest Manufacturing Facility.